Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eternal Love



I had a few minutes to snoop through Flickr...I am basically falling in love with the site. I think it's really bringing forth the artist in people that don't even realize themselves as artists...and I've had Pablo Neruda playing through my head, saw this picture from a fantastic photographer Hamed Saber.

It's a photo taken of some kind of companions (i would of course want to say lovers) buried facing one another near the Blue Mosque in Tabriz,Iran. It's 3,000 years old! But who can put a time on love anyway?

*Some say Tabriz is the actual biblical site for the Garden of Eden...

As for a treat...
"And good, this danger
is danger of love, of complete love
for all life,
for all lives,
and if this love brings us
the death and the prisons,
I am sure that your big eyes,
as when I kiss them,
will then close with pride,
into double pride, love,
with your pride and my pride."

From "And Because Love Battles"
by Pablo Neruda